Monday, April 21, 2008

Golden Birthday!



So, I'm not certain if it's a Minnesotan thing or not, but I had never heard of a "Golden Birthday" prior to moving here. Basically it's when you turn the same age as the number of the date you were born, so when I was 23 on November 23rd, I was having my golden birthday.


My roller BFF and derby wife, Mama Crash, had her Golden Birthday recently (that would be 26 people; yes I rob cradles) and her fondest wish was to celebrate it with a Polkapalooza at a Minneapolis landmark institution---Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit! It's a big German dining hall/restaurant where the servers wear lederhosen and the bar downstairs has a standing polka band and they serve German beer out of glass boots and waitresses ply patrons with snuff. She's dressed in these photos, appropriately enough, in gold.


My German ancestors would be so proud.

It was a great party and very well attended by her friends, family, and teammates. I was happy to see her enjoying herself so thoroughly and being surrounded by so many people who love her. She's truly an amazing individual.
A few more pics:





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com